Wednesday, March 09, 2016

It sure is hot

White-winged Choughs


Over some of my recent posts here I have written about the hot weather we have been having over the summer just gone. The summer in southern Australia set all kinds of records. During hot days, and especially during heat waves, our birds can suffer terribly. I like to help the birds in our garden  by keeping our various bird baths topped up with fresh, clean water.

This has a double purpose. The water attracts the birds and this gives me great opportunities to take more bird photos. Through a large picture window in the room we often use I can get good close-up photos of the birds having a drink, or cooling down in the water.

Today I feature a set of photos taken of a family of White-winged Choughs. These birds are often in our garden, or somewhere on our five acre property. They feed by scratching at the leaf litter under plants and trees looking for a tasty insect, beetle or spider. 

You can see more photos on my other site Trevor's Birding

White-winged Chough

White-winged Chough



No comments: