Thursday, July 16, 2015

Crested Pigeon, Peterborough

Crested Pigeon, Victoria Park, Peterborough, South Australia
On a recent visit to family living in Peterborough in the mid-north of South Australia I visited the local Victoria Park which is next to the caravan park. I often visit this spot because it has an artificial lake which attracts a range of water birds.

It also boasts a range of dry-land birds which I sometimes don't get to observe where I live. On this occasion there was nothing of particular note, but I did get this nice shot of a Crested Pigeon feeding on the grass in the park. Crested Pigeons are a widespread species in rural Australia, but they are increasingly found in urban settings as well, especially in grassy areas like parks, gardens and ovals.

For more photos and articles about Australian birds visit my other site called Trevor's Birding here.

No comments: